THE FORTRESS IN GERAKI
Distance from Mareggio: 32.7km
It’s a Frankish fortress that was built after the conquest of Constantinople by the Crusaders in 1204 and its history parallels that of Mystra. It’s located in the foothills of Mt. Parnon, at an altitude of 400 m, on a site that has been inhabited since prehistoric times. In its time, it was one of the most significant fortresses in the Peloponnese and, despite the fact that it has suffered extensive damage over the centuries, it’s still one of the region’s main attractions.